Read and Listen To Part 1 Here!
Here's some more background music you hear all the time but don't know what it is!
1. "Soul Bossa Nova" by Quincy Jones
Yep, the Austen Powers theme. I don't know if it's from anything else, but it is a great background song that captures a certain feeling. I like it a lot.
2. "Somba De Uma Notaso (One Note Samba)" by Antonio Carlos Jobim, performed by Stan Getz
I hear this a lot in different shows and commercials and stuff. I can't think of specifics. Another great song.
3. "Sabre Dance" a movement from the ballet Gayane (1942) by Aram Khachaturian
You hear this all the time whenever there is something crazy and/or complicated going on. Or circus tricks. I believe it's in "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure".
4. "Mais Que Nada" by Sergio Mendes
This seems like it's in every show about the 60's. Another great one, but aren't all of these songs great?
5. "La Vie En Rose" by Edith Piaf
This song makes me think about love. I guess it was just in How I Met Your Mother. I haven't seen that episode yet, I'm sure it's lovely. I read that it was in Wall-E too.
That's it for now! If you know of any other common backgrounds songs not mentioned in this or Part 1, please send them my way! (leave a comment, send an e-mail, etc...)